Thursday, February 8, 2007

Congratulations on a great comeback!

After a copious quantity of years served in the film industry I would like to send my genuine congratulations to Jackie Earle Haley not only for his lengthy anticipated comeback, but also for his Academy Award Nomination for Todd Field's Little Children (2006).

As you may and should remember, Jackie Earle Haley is best remembered for his role as Kelly Leak in The Bad News Bears (1976), The Bad News Bears in Breaking Training (1977) and The Bad News Bears Go to Japan (1978). He also is best remember for playing Moocher in the superb Breaking Away (1979) and as Tom Cruise's puerile friend Dave in Losin' It (1983).

I would like to thank him personally for replying to my email when congratulating him on his nomination. Although he has some sturdy competition, let us hope he walks away with the Best Supporting Actor nod.

As I am aware that he is an extremely active man at present, I hope to one day get the opportunity to conduct an interview with him for this site.

No comments: