Friday, February 23, 2007

My Short Film Update


Over the past several years I have been tinkering with an idea for a short film titlled "Beer Goggles." The - TREATMENT - has undergone numerous rewrites and changes. Filmmakers such as Quentin Tarantino, Kevin Smith and of course Ron Howard have given me inspiration, but let us be realisitic for a brief moment, I am certainly not in the LEAGUE of these GENTLEMEN. Perhaps I will never be, but shall never give up hope.


The script has recieved lots of positive feedback and it is now time to put it to the test, as I wish to enter The Currumbin Film Festival later on this year. With the aid of The Palm Beach Soccer Club my workmates Matt and Travis, the project had been given the GREEN LIGHT!!!


The text below is an extract from the screenplay. I hope you enjoy.


JOFF: .... take nightclubs for instance. The striking people commonly leave with the striking people, whereas the unsightly people commonly leave with the unsightly people. (Takes mouthful of beer) By stumps, myself nevertheless, is usually three sheets to the fuckin' wind, therefore, I take home a kebab instead!


Production shall begin in the coming months when everything is finalised. I shall continue to post updates in the near future.


Kind regards,

Barry Dominey, Jr.

No comments: